$8,900,000 • 3,775 acres
Spectacular views of the Sierras, combined with a private and tranquil valley that literally runs for miles, Eshom Valley Ranch is a unique 3775 +/- acre property situated between the approaches to both Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Ranch base elevation is roughly 3,500 feet above sea level.
Located in Tulare county, once you cross over the cattle guards, pass by the irrigated pastures and horse barn, and cross the year-round creek, the inviting white fencing leads you to the Homestead compound. Situated close to the entrance and two-story red barn, is the ranch manager’s home and garden. Just beyond the barn, which dates back to the 1800’s, are the quaint one-bed, one-bath guest cottages. Further up and at the end of the driveway is the two-bed, two bath main home featuring a beautiful wrap-around porch, vintage kitchen appliances, an indoor/outdoor fireplace, and large living room. All of the homestead structures have all been impeccably maintained and embody the essence of true midcentury ranch-style.
For over fifty years, the property has been used by the family as premier seasonal cattle grazing land, a private family retreat and recreational property. The ranch features almost 7 linear miles of valley floor for rotational pasture grazing with well-maintained fencing and cross-fencing throughout. The miles of established roads and trails makes checking on cattle easy. The recently refurbished working cattle corrals include multiple sorting pens, a loading chute, and squeeze that are conveniently located just off Eshom Valley Drive for easy loading and unloading. It is the only set of corrals in the vicinity.
Eshom Valley Ranch provides excellent recreational opportunities, and offers many pursuits for hunting and fishing enthusiasts. There are turkey, deer, boar, quail, coyotes and brown bear. The gently-sloped landscape is covered in ancient valley oaks set among flat to rolling pastures. There are several lakes fed by year-round running Eshom Creek. Blue gill and bass can be fished from the lakes.
• 22 total parcels, nearly 7 linear miles of valley floor and pasture
• 8 parcels are enrolled in the Williamson Act
• 1 domestic well on electricity and 3 Ag wells on solar
• 3 lakes: Cemetery Lake, Big Lake and Carpenter Lake
• Year-round Eshom Creek
• Working cattle corrals complete with squeeze and loading chute
• Cattle lease in place - run approx. 400 pregnant cows from May - August
• Miles of fencing and established ranch roads
• One main home with garage, guest house and caretaker unit
• Historic barns throughout including two-story red horse barn built in the 1800’s