Advanced Filters
$20,000,000  •  40,962.18 acres
Chambers Ranch - 500 head with 17,496 deeded acres northeast of Flagstaff.
Reduced
$4,500,000  •  33,676.7 acres
$5,000,000
The Walking L Ranch remains one of the last operating cattle ranches headquartered right in Wickenburg.
$50,000,000  •  11,600 acres
Greg Norman's Seven Lakes Ranch is a sportsman's paradise encompassing 11,600 acres of varied terrain.
$8,500,000  •  9,153 acres
Spanning many square miles of excellent hunting habitat rising from the valley floor up to the mountaintop, the Soldier Creek Ranch is the perfect combination of exceptional privacy, plentiful wildlife, diverse terrain, abundant water, and year-round access – All Within Two Hours of Salt Lake City!
$5,900,000  •  8,180.33 acres
The opportunity to immerse yourself into some of the most beautiful country in Northern California beckons you from the grind of the business of living. Rich with water, natural beauty, interesting topography, privacy, and recreational activities is Green Valley Ranch. This stunning property encompasses almost 13 square miles of land between Stonyford and Elk Creek. Don your Stetson, mount your horse, and spend the day tending to your herd. In addition to the complete ranch headquarters are 7 year round ponds, 3000 foot frontage on Briscoe Creek, and two wells. Hunters will relish in black tail deer, Tule elk, bear, wild hogs, turkey, quail; while anglers must decide which variety of fish to catch from: largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, catfish, crappie, and bluegill. Tired of the demands imposed from modern society? This property is the antidote to the stress, hustle, and bustle. Come home to this ranch, take a hike, smell the fresh air, watch the sunset, and settle comfortably into the more relaxed lifestyle. This offering includes over 6 miles of Green Valley. This is a visually spectacular, breath-taking valley protected on the east by a weathered, ancient cliff formation, Gravelly Ridge, and then disappears seamlessly into the Mendocino National Forest on the west side. About one half mile of Briscoe Creek meanders through the northern portion of the ranch. The southern portion provides access to the ranch via County Road 306. PROPERTY HIGHLIGHTS: 7 year round ponds 3000 ft frontage on Briscoe Creek on the northern end of the property Runs 200 pair for the season, 100 pair year round Fenced and crossed fenced Ranch headquarters 1500 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home Barn Shop Corrals Modular home Guest cottage Recreational paradise Blacktail deer, tule elk, bear, wild hogs, turkey, quail Largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, catfish, crappie, bluegill Hiking, ATV’ing, biking, horseback riding Varied topography Picturesque 4017.66 acres in Williamson Act Almost 13 square miles of ranch
$6,230,574  •  7,837 acres
The Lazy H Ranch is a very rare offering of size, adventure, and an incredible & genuine West Texas cattle operation. This sanctuary from the outside world is approximately 30 miles from Midland, TX which provides friends and family the seclusion and tranquility beneath the beautiful West Texas skies while providing convenience and accessibility to the Tall City as well as the smaller local communities; such as, Andrews, TX. The amazing 12-section ranch is in the Heart of the Grasslands of West Texas. There has been no grazing of any kind for the last few years. The Lazy H Ranch is in excellent condition, being fenced and cross-fenced. All fences are in good condition at about 70%. Pastures are watered by windmills and concrete storage tank for ground troughs. Contact Broker, Caleb Matott at 432-349-3330 for your private showing. • No Cattle for the last 2 years • Big Grasses *Side-Oates Grama, Buffalo-grass, & Kleingrass • 4 windmills, 2 of them being submersibles • 8 water wells • Ranch House is gutted & ready for renovation • Old style cinder block horse barn and pipe corrals • This area is worldwide known for its Mule deer *Blue Quail, Dove, & Predators  • Easy access off HWY 181 (Oil field ranch roads throughout the ranch) • Above average fencing over most of the ranch. Barbwire fenced & cross fenced.   
$3,212,140  •  6,004 acres
Dos Lomas Ranch is located between Ft. Stockton and Ozona fronting for over 5 miles on the north side of Interstate 10 and its frontage road at Exit 314 just 10 miles as the crow flies south west of Iraan. San Antonio is just 3.5 hours to the east making this an excellent weekend recreation ranch. Acreage 6,004 +/- Acres in Pecos County The name of the ranch comes from two high limestone mountain tops that dominate the views from around the ranch. Broad tops with big valleys creates a combination of easy accessible gentle land with deeper soil and the limestone bluffs, rim country, steep hills, and canyon heads creating a diversity of habitats and landforms. This is a working ranch with exceptional hunting. It’s also loaded with canyons, mountains, caves, and excellent vegetation cover making this a hiker and explorers dream. It has been well managed for decades and is known for its combination of native grass, shrubs, and trees. A combination of three large pastures and two traps with pens and extensive water infrastructure complete this working ranch. Some call this “divide country” as the ranch has tremendous topography with a road infrastructure that allows easy access up on top and across the entire ranch. Flay grassy mesa tops with a natural Playa Lake or “Buffalo Wallow” contrast with the rim rock canyons, broad valleys, wooded steep limestone bluffs. This is Western Edwards Plateau transitioning into the Chihuahuan Deseret a convergence of two biologically-distinct eco-regions in Texas. Dos Lomas is the perfect combination of topography, vegetation, accessibility, scenery, history and romance. The Headquarters is simple but functional with a foreman’s house and owner/hunter camp house. The old historic house burned many years ago but there is an excellent location to build a new owners lodge. There are some outbuildings, barns and pens located at the Headquarters. The owners have worked for decades with the NRCS in cost share programs to improve rangeland and building new fences within the ranch. From yucca and sotol, to hackberry and mesquite woodlands, to persimmon and juniper, the ranch represents a crossroads of diverse habitats. The property’s browse and grasslands are in great condition, a result of responsible grazing methods. Native grasses, forbs, browse, brush, cacti and trees not only provide excellent habitat for gamespecies such as deer, turkey, quail, and dove, but also for non-game species such as Texas horned lizard, neotropical songbirds, fox, ringtail cat, and many other animals.Mule deer, and whitetail deer populations on the Ranch are great. The population is about 50/50 for the two deer types and, within the steep terrain along the canyons, one can also find Aoudad sheep. Wing shooting opportunities for blue quail and mourning dove are tremendous. The ranch has a MLD Level II permit and has been carefully managed over the decades by responsible hunters. The ranch is divided into upper mesa land and lower valley/canyon land. There are 3 wells below the rim with one being a windmill and the other two being submersible with electricity. The submersible in West Pasture is pumped up the rim and supplies water on top. There is also a Windmill on top in the East Pasture. The water is shallow, accessible, prolific, and is high quality, being part of the Edwards-Trinity or Plateau Aquifer. The three wells below the rim are 300 feet in depth with water at 120 feet and the one windmill on top is 600 feet deep. Storage tanks and troughs distribute water around each pasture and at the Headquarters. One water through on top near the pens is supplied by a neighbor’s well. This ranch is adjacent to the Yates Field one of the most prolific Oil Fields in the World which has produced over one Billion Barrels of Oil. There are no active wells or leases on the Dos Lomas Ranch. There are three Mineral Classified Sections and the Sellers will convey 10% of fee minerals owned. The fee minerals conveyed will allow any future surface owner to provide for Surface Protection provisions in any new Lease. There is a 137 KV Transmission Line across the west end of the ranch from the Interstate up and out the top of the ranch. The owners have had interest from both Solar and Wind developers in the past. They will convey all Solar and Wind rights.
$23,000,000  •  5,955 acres
5,955± acre parcel has a blend of scattered forest and alpine slopes and meadows. This ranch offers panoramic vistas of the Sangre de Cristo mountains. The whole ranch (east + west sides) accrues a total of 111 landowner elk permits. 356.895 acre feet of water rights. Several buildings on site.
$1,725,000  •  5,452 acres
Apache Mesa has lots of soul. Tales, history, folklore, and struggle were the truth of this land. Comanche met Apache, old stage coaches stopped at Apache Springs to refill their water supplies, and Billy the Kid ran wild. Its calmer now, ideal for getting on your horse and venturing out on your 5452 acres of varied terrain from rolling hills to a high ridge along natural trails. Used as a family compound for years, it would make an amazing Dude Ranch. Experiencing this land brings out the kid in you. It is fenced for cattle and horses with barns, hay storage, corrals, bunkhouse, and storage buildings. There are 3 wells and 2 homes. The 1200 SF main house is rustic and fun with a wraparound veranda and a main room that has hosted a lot of big dinners and family stories around the fireplace. The caretakers house is 1350 SF. Both have electric, propane, and septic. Not far from Las Vegas, NM and the Longmire set, you can enjoy the old Plaza Hotel, the college, shopping, and a friendly local community spirit.
Reduced
$12,086,400  •  3,777 acres
$12,150,400
3777 +/- ACRE CATTLE RANCHPrice Reduced: $3,200 per acreAnimal Units: Runs 1000 mother cowsTerms: CashLocation: S.E. Oklahoma, Pittsburg Co., just south of McAlester, OK.Comments:  Without a doubt, one of the best cattle ranches anywhere. Grasses have been developed over years and years. You will not find a more productive cattle ranch. This ranch is 95% open. Current owners usually run 2,500 yearlings.Improvements:    Large brick home, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath    Second brick home (very nice) 3 bedroom, 1 bath    Mobile home    Wood Framed cottage    Antique Hunter’s Cabin    6 cattle corrals    Numerous metal holding pens    Scales    Permanent mineral feeding stations with concrete floors in all pastures    Excellent rock roads throughout ranch with cattle guards    4 bay shop with offices (80x40)    5 bay shop with equipment sheds on both sides (100x80)    Overhead feed bins scattered throughout ranch    Metal barn (multi-purpose) (80x50)    Metal barn (multi-purpose) (80x40)    11 (40x50) pole barns    Dog kennels with feed storage Water:   Very well watered with numerous ponds and lakes. Rural water. Terrain:  Gently rolling hills with a wooded ridge that runs through the middle of the ranch which provides some of the best wildlife habitat anywhere. Fences:    Excellent interior and exterior fences. Ranch is divided into numerous pastures. Grasses:    Bermuda, fescue, numerous native grasses, rye grass and clovers.  Winter wheat is often no-tilled into some of the pastures and is sometimes harvested. Game:    Whitetail deer. Water fowl hunting and great fishing. Leases:   1,100 adjoining acres have been leased by the ranch for many years and buyer can probably assume the lease which would carry an additional 200 cows. When buying property, offered by Southwest Ranch & Farm Sales, the buyer’s agent, if applicable, must be identified on first contact and must be present at initial showing of the property in order to participate in real estate commission. If this condition is not met, fee participation, if any, will be at sole discretion of Southwest Ranch & Farm Sales.
$16,075,000  •  3,547 acres
This is a rare opportunity that hasn't been available since the 1950's. Full cattle operation with perfect locations and excellent water rights.
$10,950,000  •  2,980 acres
This 2,980-acre ranch is a combination of beauty, accessibility and history, making it one of the finest and well-located mountain properties you will find in the Western United States. Once used by the soldiers from Fort Crawford as a water source, this abundant spring supplies good water.
Reduced
$7,280,000  •  2,971.51 acres
$7,300,000
Lawson Ranch, homestead in the 1860’s and once owned by the late Bing Crosby, encompasses just under 3000 deeded acres and is located 45 miles north of Elko, Nevada. Completely reminiscent of the old west, yet complete with updated modern conveniences, including your own private airstrip and large airplane hangar, a full ranch headquarters, six center drive hay pivots, can run over 600 head of cattle, and easy access to town, this is the quintessential turnkey western cattle ranch. Property Highlights: • Some of the oldest water rights in the State of Nevada • Property backs up to National Forest, yet just 5 miles off the highway • Currently run 600 or more pairs of high quality, NHTC, all natural export Angus Beef • A nearly 5000 sq ft 5 bedroom, 5 bath main residence • Main residence renovated as a B & B • Three additional houses for guests or employees • A 2800’ long by 100’ wide private airstrip with a large aircraft hangar • Two large fully enclosed hay barns • One large heated repair shop with adjacent fully enclosed equipment storage • Six center drive hay pivots with very economical yearly operating costs • Benefits from Nevada’s favorable state income tax structure
$12,400,000  •  2,778.93 acres
The 2780 acre Fountain Ranch is what one envisions if it were somehow possible to put together every essential element of a Class A ranch under one umbrella to create the most idyllic picture of ranch perfection; gentle oak strewn hills rolling down to irrigated pasture land that hug the shores of a mighty river while being towered over by timbered peaks and dramatic rock outcroppings all while being complimented by aesthetically appealing and functional improvements. This within close proximity to the San Francisco Bay Area. Of course, a natural rarity of this magnitude was not lost on the past generations. The history of the Fountain Ranch is a microcosm of the history of California itself. Steeped in the ancient folklore of Native Americans, the Ranch’s Frog Woman Rock is the origin of some of these native people’s most fabled tales. Ascending high above the Russian River with its full omnipresences, it is not hard to conjure up images of native people toiling and worshipping under such sheer magnificence in what could have only been the land of seamlessly endless natural bounties. In the 1800’s, the Spanish recognizing the natural richness of the region, created the Sanel Land Grant and deeded the same to one Señor Fernando Feliz. Sometime thereafter a grand Victorian was built on the Ranch’s north side. This went on first to serve as a stopover for the wagon trail coming off of Mountain House Road, then later as the Fountain Ranch Train Station for the North Pacific Railroad and finally as the Ranch’s Headquarters. Still in one dim lit upstair’s room stands the grand bed that President William McKinley slept in on his tour through the region in the late 1890’s. This Regal Lady cries out a storied past filled with colorful characters and scenes of yesteryear and awaits the next Owner’s visions of revival. The current era began in 1952 when Fountain Ranch was purchased by G.P. Bradford, the grandfather of the current Owners. G.P. Bradford’s son, the late Robert Bradford, can be credited for the extensive infrastructural improvements on the Ranch including the Lake House and Bradford Lake. Planning for the future, like an architect and engineer, Robert Bradford immersed himself in these projects and others with full attention to detail creating what can only be described as a living legacy. Under the stewardship of the Bradford Ranch Partnership,, a long time family business that was made up of first G.P. Bradford and Robert Bradford and then later Robert and his son Peter Bradford, the Ranch has been used primarily as a cattle ranch, hunting club and family retreat with attention focused on long term sustainability. The property is approximately 2,778.93 acres and is made up of 15 Legal Parcels (Certificates of Compliance) all under the Willamson Act’s Agricultural Preserve for lower tax liability. The bulk of the Ranch is gently rolling pasture land along with over a 150+ acres of irrigated pasture land. Interspersed in the higher regions are large rock outcroppings including Frog Women Rock and the Twin Peaks with the southern peak hosting the “Balancing Rock”, one very large boulder precipitously balanced on half buried rock. Surrounding these outcroppings are fir and hardwood forests. The Ranch is transversed by an internal road system in excellent order. Wildlife abounds on the Ranch including trophy class blacktail deer, wild hog, turkey, blue grouse, valley and mountain quail, mountain lion, bobcat, black bear and other species. Bradford Lake plays hosts to a wide variety of migratory waterfowl with many ideal spots for permanent blinds. In addition to its waterfowl attributes, Bradford Lake is an angler’s delight with 12 to15 pound Florida Strain Large Mouth Bass being a routine catch. RESIDENCES & OTHER STRUCTURES 1. The main residence, the Lake House, is approximately 5,000 sq. ft. and sits perched in a grove of majestic oaks and established gardens with panoramic views over the Lake. Designed and engineered by the late Robert L. Bradford, the House exemplifies modern sensibility and function while giving credence to its natural surroundings. There are 3 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, an office, a laundry room, kitchen and dining area, flower room, living room and a full basement. In addition, there is a covered heated pool connected to the Lake House. The House has its own solar power system generating enough power to support all domestic demands. Heating for both the House and the pool is by natural gas while the pool also has its own supplemental solar heating system. The House awaits updating and the vigor of a new Owner. 2. There are two other houses, one built in the 1990s and one built sometime before 1940. The older house is 1200 sq. ft. and was renovated in the 1990s. It has two bedrooms and one bath. The house built in 1990s is 1500 sq. ft. and has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. These houses are far removed form the Lake House assuring privacy to the new Owner. Both houses currently house Ranch employees who are interested in the possibility of working for the new Owner. One employee has worked on the property for 33 years and the other has worked there for 13 years. 3. The oldest residence is the uninhabitable Grand Victorian built in the late 1880’s that functioned as stage stop, railroad station and residence until the 1990s. This house contains 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, office and several other rooms. Though the foundation and internal structural supports appear to be salvageable, this house needs some major renovations to become habitable. 4. There is an apartment above the shop / equipment shed that has one bedroom, a bathroom and a kitchen. The apartment and shop were built in the 1990’s. The apartment has natural gas for kitchen and laundry use and is electrically heated and cooled by a mini heat pump. 5. There are two barns on the property for hay storage and there is a good corral setup for working livestock. There is also a registered weight scale for weighing livestock. WATER Fountain Ranch is blessed with an abundance of water the likes which are seldom found together on one property. With over 3.7 miles of interspersed frontage on the Russian River, a licensed appropriative right to directly divert 2.3 cubic feet per second from the river from March to November. State permitted and licensed dam creating the 440 acre feet Bradford Lake fed by an immense watershed, stock ponds and numerous smaller creeks, the Fountain Ranch stands in a class of itself. If water is gold in California, this ranch is a gold mine. CURRENT AND POTENTIAL USES For the past 70 years the ranch has been used primarily as a cattle ranch running approximately 70 to 80 mother cows, 90 bred heifers, 8 to 10 bulls with an additional 100 to 130 weaned heifer from spring to fall. This would be something the new Owner might continue on his own or lease out to another livestock producer. The Ranch leases the blacktail deer and wild pig hunting to a Hunting Club on a year to year basis. This has proven to be a long and mutually beneficial relationship for all parties. There is, however, substantial potential to increase revenue from the wildlife resources by instituting a PLM (Private Land Management) Program on the Ranch and more intensely managing and marketing the wildlife. In the alternative, the new owner could choose to maintain such resources for their personal recreational enjoyment. What seems like the most economically productive use of the Ranch with the highest potential return would be to use the existing water resources to plant a portion of the ranch to vineyards well simultaneously maintaining the cattle and hunting operation on the remainder. There is also a conservation easement potential on the Ranch because of its multiple parcels, location on the Russian River with critical water resources and its ownership of significant cultural landmarks. Such an easement could perhaps be done in conjunction with the before mentioned development. Property Highlights: • 2778.93 acres comprising 15 Legal Parcels (CC’s) all under the Williamson Act’s Ag Preserve for lower property taxes. • 150+ acres of irrigated pasture, 100’s of acres of gentle plantable ground • Water: With over 3.7 miles of interspersed frontage on the Russian River, a licensed appropriative right to directly divert 2.3 cubic feet per second from the river from March to November. State permitted and Licensed dam creating the 440 acre feet (22 surface acres) Bradford Lake fed by an immense watershed, stock ponds and numerous smaller creeks, the Fountain Ranch is well positioned to support large agricultural production. In addition, there are numerous springs. • 4 residences - one 5000 Sq. Ft. custom Lake House, Workers’ housing and guest apartment. Non-habitable Grand old Victorian that needs a major renovation. • Good perimeter fencing and some internal cross fencing. Working barn and corral with registered scale. • The home of the iconic Frog Woman Rock, aka “Squaw Rock” or “Lover’s Leap”, and the twin peaks with the “Balancing Rock” • No internal easement other than the Mountain House Road on the far western edge, railroad right away on far eastern edge near Russian River and utilities. Approached off of county road. Excellent internal road network - both year round and seasonal. • Substantial Conservation Easement Potential • $12,400,000
$4,250,000  •  2,710 acres
Polly Creek Ranch is 2710 acres with 221 acres of irrigation water rights. Fields are planted in alfalfa and grass hay irrigated with pivots for livestock. Ranch includes: well-maintained 1698 sf home, detached 3 bay garage, 3360 sf shop with office, hay barn, corrals and pond. Abundant wildlife includes pronghorn, elk, turkeys, deer. Mill Creek and Polly Creek run through the property and ranch borders Ochoco Reservoir for fishing and boating. Recreational Lifestyle Ranch, 10 minutes to Prineville.
Reduced
$10,600,000  •  2,495 acres
$12,525,000
This beautiful ranch was originally known as the American Sheep Ranch, owned by W.A. Lingham who moved to Colorado from Massachusetts in 1897. Today the ranch is still owned by his heirs and is operated as a stunning, high-country livestock grazing and wildlife ranch.
Reduced
$7,995,000  •  2,300 acres
$8,800,000
Monroe Land and Livestock is an opportunity to own an incredible income generating property. Encompassing 2300+/- total deeded acres, this hay and working cattle ranch has a plethora of water, alfalfa, corn, and grain production, and runs 300 - 500 AU. The 1450 +/- acre headquarters are located in Pershing County, approximately 5 miles south of the town of Lovelock, Nevada and 95 miles northeast of Reno, Nevada. The remaining acreage is located near Battle Mountain, 2 hours away from the headquarters. The headquarters contain all building improvements and crop production. At 3690 foot elevation, 964 irrigated acres yield tons of alfalfa, corn, and grain, while the remaining acreage is used for cattle. Rye Patch Reservoir, owned by the Pershing Water Conservation District (PWCD), supplies water to this ranch. The reservoir has an approximate supply of 213,000 acre feet of water equivalent to a two year supply. PCWD is comprised of landowners of approximately 36,000 irrigated acres. Each owner has a share of the water, based on amount of land owned. This property is a hay and cattle ranch, with tremendous income generating opportunities and benefits from Nevada’s favorable state income tax structure. Property Highlights: • 964 irrigated acres of alfalfa, corn, and/or winter wheat • Fields are laser leveled • 7800 linear feet of concrete water canals • Border-check (bay irrigation) surface irrigation system • Bays are 240 feet in width • 2 single family residences • 2 mobile homes • 1500 ton steel hay barn • 45’ X 75’ all steel insulated shop and grain storage • 30’ X 90’ Steel shop for machine storage • 50’ X 90’ Steel shop for machine and grain storage • Two 5000 gallon fuel tanks with containment • 300 to 500 AU run May to December • Feedlot with cement bunks • 1000 head capacity working pens • $500 per month, radio tower leasing fee
$5,490,000  •  2,151 acres
There are times when the scenery is so vivid it’s as if the surroundings come alive. Visions of rugged red rock canyons framing snowcapped peaks in the horizon. Cattle moving up into the timber above the ranch are only interrupted with the herds of elk running across the irrigated meadows.
$5,500,000  •  2,100 acres
The legendary Eagle Rock Ranch is located in the California’s Coastal Mountain Range west of Ukiah on historic Low Gap Road, the former stage route to the town of Mendocino on the coast. Eagle Rock Ranch is among the last original large ranches in Mendocino County. Its central area opens to a grassed plateau surrounded by mature fir and oak trees, a sheltered & secluded oasis. This setting exudes privacy and remoteness yet is only 15 minutes to town. The 2,100-acre ranch has three houses (including the original, dating to 1858), a handsome weathered redwood barn, multiple year-round springs, three good wells, 440 volt electrical service, and extensive frontage on County roads. The Ranch takes its name from bald eagles nesting on its most important feature, an awe inspiring rock outcropping on the mountain west of the ranch’s headquarters. This one of Mendocino’s most significant natural landmarks and has been noted as such throughout the region’s recorded history. The property includes an operating craft distillery, where the famous Germain-Robin alambic brandy was originally crafted. The beauty of this ranch cannot be overstated. It is a wonderful place to live, relax, raise children and animals, entertain friends and family, picnic, hunt, hike, take walks and runs, ride horses and the like. The extraordinary wildlife is one of the greatest pleasures of living on the ranch. There are rabbits, raccoons, skunks, opossum, flocks of wild turkeys, wild pigs, weasels, coyotes howling by night, deer with their fawns, bobcats, an occasional fox, bear, or mountain lion, a chorus of peeping frogs in the spring and deep-voiced bull frogs on summer nights. The current owners have twice spotted the rare ring-tail cat. Because of the variation in terrain, vegetation, and altitude, there is an unusual variety of birds, including owls, migratory ducks, and blue herons. The myriad wildflowers in the spring have to be seen to be believed. Location: the property’s main entrance is five miles from downtown Ukiah on Low Gap Road, a well-maintained County road. This road and its spur, Pine Ridge Road, running parallel to Orr Creek, form the southern boundary of the ranch, some 3 ½ miles. Eagle Rock Ranch is thus 12 minutes from Ukiah, population 15,000, the county seat, with a good hospital, legal services, and consumer outlets (including a Costco); there is a good municipal airport capable of serving commercial jets. San Francisco in good traffic is two hours south; Santa Rosa's commercial airport is an hour south. Mendocino County, mountainous, rural, and sparsely populated, is part of the fabled North Coast Wine Country. The County possesses great natural beauty: its spectacular rocky coastline draws visitors from all over the world. Topography. The ranch is essentially the southern and eastern slope of a long ridge forming the north watershed of Orr Creek, rising from 700 feet elevation to 3000 feet at the west end and including the 2800-foot mountain which peaks in Eagle Rock. There are many seasonal creeks. The generally sloping terrain varies from open pasture to oak woodlands to fir forest; there is a small stand of old-growth redwood deep in a canyon below Eagle Rock and another on the north slope of the ridge behind the main house. There are several areas aggregating an estimated 120 acres that could be planted to grapes. Structures a. The original main ranch house, with original lovely and wide-planked clear-heart redwood walls, dates from ca.1858 and has been extensively renovated. A modern addition brings it to 2900 sq ft, including 2½ baths and an imposing fireplace built from local field sandstone; there are three outbuildings, including a modest guest cottage. b. A second house, built on a decorative fieldstone foundation in 1946, has been extensively rebuilt and renovated; of its 2400 sq ft,. One of the bedrooms/baths is detached, across a small enclosed garden area from the main structure; there is also a Mediterranean-style walled garden leading to a separate office/studio. This house has an adjacent garage and workshed/storage building. c. There is a handsome two-storey 2000 sq ft weathered barn used for storage and for cattle plus hayloft d. The third house (approximately 1500 sq. ft.) is a serviceable 3-bedroom modern residence for the ranch manager along with a shop and two detached guest quarters, one of which, located by the barn, replaced the old sheep-shearing shed. e. The original Germain-Robin brandy distillery was constructed in 1982-84. It is a show-piece, containing a beautiful antique copper still brought from an abandoned distillery in Cognac. There is also a large redwood-sided aging cellar, whose interior and roof are modern concrete/steel construction; this building is in excellent condition and could serve many purposes. Other relevant information. The ranch, zoned to 160-acre minimums, consists of eleven parcels which have completed Certificates of Compliance. All parcels save two either have county road frontage or are served by the excellent main-ranch entry road. Water. The Coales have drilled three good wells, and there are several more potential sites identified by professional hydrologists. There are numerous productive year-round springs. The many scenic creeks are seasonal. Fire protection. A productive well above the main buildings serves 12,500 gallons of water storage tanks, which feed a 4” underground main connected to fire stanchions at the barn, at the distillery, and at all three houses. A dozen head of cattle keep the ranch grazed down to reduce fire hazard. 440-volt electricity (sufficient for industrial use if needed) is carried on a dedicated line that serves all the ranch structures. The houses and the distillery are served with individual propane tanks. Ranch History. Low Gap Road was the original trail used by the Pomo Indians to journey to the coast to trade for seaweed and abalone. Eagle Rock itself was regarded as sacred. Many arrowheads, throwing stones, and mortars and pestles have been found around the ranch. The Coales have not allowed these objects to leave the ranch. The earliest recorded holdings date from before the Civil War. The crumbling remains of an 1850s homesteader’s cabin, barn, corral, orchard, and vineyard are still visible at the eastern end of the ranch. To subsist, many homesteaders stripped tanoak bark to be sold for commercial leather-curing. They also cut firewood for Ukiah (the courthouse once had 40 fireplaces), split railroad ties from large redwood trees, planted grapes and pear and apple trees, and ran sheep. There remain two single-room cabins for solitary shepherds, which predate the original main house. The main house, built in 1858, reflects the vertical architectural style brought in from the New England-settled whaling village of Mendocino. The house contains large wall planks on the interior walls and foundation timbers rough-sawn from virgin redwood. Later in the 1920’s and 1930’s, various homestead and vacant parcels were assembled by the Bradford family into a cattle/sheep ranch; Bradford family ashes were scattered from Eagle Rock. The Bradfords also had a commercial peach orchard in front of their main house; there is an aerial photograph of the orchard from ca 1948. Oats were cultivated on a sloping fenced field behind the 1946 house, and the gang-plow, mower, and hay rake are still on the property, along with the original Fordson tractor. In the early 1950s, George Chalfant, an ATT long-lines engineer, began looking for a ranch to purchase for his retirement. Chalfant had run the Bell Telephone long-distance lines across the Cascades and was also the senior engineer for wiring the founding United Nations conference (the first use of simultaneous translation in five languages), held in San Francisco in 1945. Chalfant flew all over northern California in search of land he liked. He believed that the Ranch was the most beautiful land to be found in California. Chalfant purchased the Ranch from the Bradfords’ successors in 1954 and retired to it in 1957; he added some adjacent parcels to round out a natural and sheltered geographic unit. He leased the rangeland and the second house (built in 1946) to Meredith Clark, who ran sheep on the property for 35 years. An avid amateur historian, Chalfant had a deep interest in the Hudson Bay Company and was instrumental in placing several Historical Monument plaques, one of them on busy Montgomery Street in the financial district of San Francisco. In his eighties, confined to a wheelchair by crippling arthritis, Chalfant held back from selling the property, hoping to find buyers who would love the ranch as he did. When he encountered the Coales in 1973, he lowered the price and offered advantageous terms so that they could afford the purchase. The Coales have made the ranch their home ever since. They have carried out extensive renovations and additions to both of the main houses. Germain-Robin brandy distillery. Near the barn is the original Germain-Robin brandy distillery and aging cellar, still in occasional use. In 1981, Coale picked up a hitch-hiking refugee from the industrialization of cognac. Hubert Germain-Robin came from the Jules Robin family, cognac producers since 1782. Hubert told a sad tale: ancient hand-methods of distillation were disappearing as huge firms applied “improved” high-volume industrial methods. Hubert wanted to turn the clock back and distill using craft methods handed down for centuries from master to apprentice. Hubert dismantled an antique still in an abandoned cognac distillery and shipped it to the ranch in Mendocino County. Coale built a modest redwood building for it, thus starting the country's first craft distillery since 1919, and the two began to experiment with premium wine grapes. The very first time that brandy distilled from pinot noir flowed from the still, Hubert took a long sniff from the sampling glass, turned to Coale, and said: “this is the finest I have ever experienced.” The first Germain-Robin brandies were released in 1987. By the mid-1990s, once the aging brandies had matured, Germain-Robin was frequently reviewed among the world's finest distilled spirits: in 1996, Robb Report's expert panel named the Select Barrel XO the best spirit in the world, ahead of Macallan 18-year-old and the $1500 Richard Hennessy cognac. From his ranch office, Coale also developed and marketed Hangar One vodka, the first significant national craft brand, which was sold to Cuervo in 2010. Germain-Robin was sold to Gallo in 2017.
$7,750,000  •  1,963.08 acres
Under Contract
The Heinrich Ranch boasts modern extravagance, tranquility and panoramic views overlooking the vast California Central Valley and Sierra Foothills. Set among 1963 +/- acres is a world-class cattle, equestrian and recreational property featuring five-star improvements, including a 9,000 +/- square foot luxury main home, set atop one of the highest points of the ranch. This 6 bed, 7 bath, 2 half bath home has stunning views of the central valley and the entire ranch below. The koi pond and expansive water feature greets guests as they park in the large covered carport with pure serenity and calmness. There is an entertainment and game room with a full bar through the grand entrance foyer that leads out to the walk-up pool, large backyard water feature and complete outdoor BBQ. All bedrooms feature in-suite bathrooms and walk-in closets. For more formal gatherings, there is a gourmet kitchen and butler’s pantry adjacent to the beautiful dining room with extraordinary views and a fire place. The master wing features “his and her” bathrooms and closets. The finished basement features a temperature-controlled wine cellar and dinner seating. In summary, the home was constructed and finished in the highest quality and has been maintained in top condition.Down the paved driveway and to the east of the main home, there are four additional homes (two are 2 bed/2 bath and one is 3 bed/ 2 bath), two of which are near found the state-of-the-art Equestrian facility to support a state-of-the-art training facility. The main barn features an office, large tack room, wash racks and vet room. Beyond the barn is a covered round pen and a large covered arena with lights, sprinklers and cattle catch pens. An outdoor arena, a large guest barn, a tractor/trailer barn and a race track are some of the features of the facility. Any rancher would appreciate the organization and carefully thought out rotational grazing pastures that have been fenced and cross-fenced throughout the ranch.Additional outdoor activities include the tennis court, 9-hole executive golf course tucked neatly inside the race track, fishing/boating pond and target shooting range found just beyond the private runway where you can land your small airplane or helicopter. This ranch is simply magical!
$19,500,000  •  1,900 acres
MC Ranch sits on the headwaters of Myrtle Creek. This panoramic 1,900± acre box canyon ranch has 20 miles of chip sealed and gravel roads that allows access to every hilltop and valley. It offers the unique opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors—hunt whitetail deer, free-range buffalo, turkey, exotic game and fish for trophy bass. The 7± acre lake has been stocked with sun perch, blue catfish and hybrid Florida largemouth bass. There are also nine dammed ponds, two natural spring-fed lakes, and large valleys. The ranch perimeter is high-fenced and has been stocked with exotics and whitetail deer from the closed-herd deer breeding program. The TC-1 deer breeding operation spans 13.9± acres, with 15 pens and breeding facility. ​ The main home has three bedrooms and three baths with an open floor plan and an impressive rock fireplace. The sun room overlooks the water fall and the game room includes pool table, poker table, dart board, flat screen TV and jukebox. The flowing Myrtle Creek offers a tranquil view from the front porch. The guesthouse has three beds and two baths, full kitchen and large front porch and rear porch. A large open-air pavilion with full kitchen and large fireplace is the perfect place for entertaining. ​ MC Ranch is located nine miles from Bandera, 18 miles from Kerrville, 36 miles from Boerne, and 60 miles northwest of San Antonio. Need to fly in? Kerrville is the closest airport with two runways up to 6,000 feet. ​ MC Ranch provides a perfect balance of fertile valleys, rolling hills, rising bluffs for enjoying the scenery, hiking, hunting of trophy game and large lakes for fishing and swimming. This ranch is a must see to fully appreciate all of its beauty!
Reduced
$9,995,000  •  1,681 acres
$13,950,000
Many times, the finest ranches are made with great intention. The dream of Ed Pauls, inventor of the Nordic Track, invested the fruits from his love of Nordic exercise into assembling this nearly 1700-acre ranch over the past thirty years.