$16,595,000 • 3,068.82 acres
You dream of a ranch with extreme privacy, abundant water, fertile farm ground, irrigated pasture, and self-sustaining cattle operation, top it off with a stunning custom home and breathtaking views…Then realize the dream is true, right here, all wrapped up in the amazing Carroll Ranch. Encompassing 3068 acres in three counties. The headquarters, and heart of the ranch, are nestled in the Northeast corner of the beautiful Fall River Valley, with irrigated farm ground and pastureland, three homes, including a 7,700-sf masterpiece tucked against the hillside. Multiple hay, feed, and equipment barns. Custom horse barn, tack barn, shop plus full butcher shop facility. A large artesian fed lake is used for irrigation as well as fishing, swimming, and boating. 630 acres of prime irrigated hay ground, space for 2800 tons of hay storage, 145 acres of irrigated pasture, and plenty of range land to support up to 750 pairs year-round. The remainder of the ranch is located in Lassen and Modoc counties, used for spring grazing and winter feeding. Strategically set up with several hay/feeding barns, ponds, and gathering corrals. The Carroll Ranch is easily one of the most impressive ranches in the North State. The new owner will not only enjoy the well set up farming and cattle aspect of the ranch, but also the multiple hunting and recreational opportunities at their fingertips. The Carroll Ranch, a paradise of its own making.
The Fall River Valley offers amazing views, rich soils for farming, abundant recreational and hunting opportunities including renowned fly fishing, and a peaceful lifestyle. The valley boasts one of the largest freshwater spring systems in the nation. Water is not an issue here! Located between Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen. The community has all the amenities you would hope to find in a small community, and some surprises as well. An 18-hole golf course, an airport with a 5,000 ft. runway, medical, dental, and veterinary facilities, and a hospital with a new emergency room. Numerous restaurants, motels, grocery stores, and more.
• THE RANCH HEADQUARTERS are in Shasta County consisting of 1,441 contiguous acres. End of the road privacy, with gated entry. Cobblestone pavers from entry, around the residential area, continuing up the gated private drive to the main residence. All remaining roads are graveled. Fully fenced and cross fenced. Wood and metal pipe fencing around headquarters. Water comes from 3 ag wells and one lift pump from the lake, irrigating by pivot and flood. The ranch produces an average of 3,000 tons of hay annually with 4 hay barns storing 2,800 tons and 2 feed barns.
• THE BENCH is located about 5 miles from the headquarters, located in Lassen County. Consists of 1426 acres, 5 feed barns, several ponds, corrals, and a single wide mobile home.
• THE OLD HULBERT PLACE is about a 45-minute drive, located in Modoc County. Offering 200 fenced acres with meadows, a year-round creek, and corrals.
• CATTLE OPERATION: The ranch currently runs 500 pairs year-round; the ranch has supported up to 750 pairs in past years. Enclosed hydraulic scales plus covered working lane with squeeze. cattle chute and several pens to separate cows. All pipe construction. The well-thought-out fencing system makes it easy to move the cattle from one pasture to the next. Multiple feed lots and feed barns. Enrolled in the Williamson Act for lower tax rates.
• THE MAIN HOME was built on a hillside, designed in consultation with Neil Wright out of Sun Valley, Idaho. Masterfully constructed by craftsmen and artisans in 2000. Attention to detail and comfort is apparent from the minute you enter this amazing home. An impressive 7,700 sq. ft. of living space under one roof. Four bedrooms, 5 1/2 baths. The wood and stone construction blends perfectly with the landscaping. The owners have used reclaimed wood from a historical building in Yosemite, milled in McCloud, to create the massive beams and the large plank flooring you will find in the home. The great room, kitchen, enclosed sunroom, office, and master suite are on the main floor, and the additional three bedrooms with en-suite baths, are strategically built along the contour of the hillside. The wine cellar, mud room with bath, exercise room, storage room, and garden potting room are on the lower floor. The gourmet kitchen is a delight, with the baking center, butcher block island, 3 sinks, 2 dishwashers, 6 burner gas range, dual ovens, and butler's pantry.
The detached 3-car garage has guest quarters above. Mature landscaping, stone patios, and hand-crafted iron handrails are strategically laid out around the home, inground heated pool, spa, waterfall, and built-in fire pit.
• TWO STORY FARMHOUSE is over 100 years old, remolded over time. 2700 sf. with 6 bedrooms and 2 baths. Large living room, country kitchen, and formal dining room. Enclosed front, side, and back porches. Detached 2-car garage with storage.
• MANAGERS HOME is 2000 sf. offering 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. The living room opens to the family room and country kitchen with granite counters and butcher block island, stone floor in the kitchen, and dining area. The master suite has jetted tub, separate shower, and dual sinks.
• For detailed information, check out the detail sheets under the useful information section on the website.