$17,700,000 • 8,811 acres
Imagine 8,811 acres of coastal range land, custom 4-bedroom home, additional 1 bedroom home, barn, horse pens, creek and fully functional cattle operation, with the highest peak on the Santa Lucia Mt. Range, overlooking the Salinas Valley, Carmel Valley and on a clear day, Santa Cruz, Carmel by the Sea and the ocean! As you enter the ranch, it feels as if you've stepped back in time, beautiful ancient oaks canopy the drive giving you a sense of peace and tranquility. The ranch headquarters are the first buildings you come to, including a large hay barn with storage room and full bath. Comfortable 1 bedroom ranch house, covered horse paddocks and several fenced pasture areas. Cattle corrals with piped fencing include chute, squeeze and scales. Nicely set up for working cows. Continue up a paved drive to the stunning main ranch house, situated on a hillside with amazing views. The custom 3000 sf home features 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. Open plan with large living room as well as family room. Beautiful river rock hearth, open kitchen and dining with wonderful natural lighting. Large 2 car garage and shop area, home is set up with a backup generator system. The Palo Escrito Peak is 4,600 ft in elevation. At this point, you are ''on top of the world'' with views in every direction, it's simply breathtaking.
• Hunting and recreational opportunities are abundant. Black tail deer, wild boar, turkeys, dove, quail and wild pigeon.
• Miles of roads and trails for ATV's or horseback riding. Enjoy camping on your own property, you'll always have a camp site available.
• The cattle operation has been the main focus for the owners, running up to 200 pair year-round, or, 400 pair from April 1st to September 1st, depending on the year.
• An intricate stock water system has been set up from multiple wells, together with underground piping, suppling water to 60 +/- livestock water troughs.
• Beneficial to wildlife as well.
• There are numerous seasonal ponds and creeks throughout the property.
• The ranch enjoys income from tower rentals, as well as a hunting lease which has been in place for 35 years.
• The entire 8,811 acres are in the Williamson Act, which provides a tax benefit to the owner.
• Approximately 25 minuets to Carmel Valley Village, 45 minutes to Carmel by the Sea and the ocean.
• Pebble Beach and all the golf extravaganzas including the US open, with some of the greatest golf courses in the state, if not the entire US.
• Upscale and unique shopping, great restaurants, resorts, fisherman's wharf, white sandy beaches and turquoise ocean waters.
• All this and more for your enjoyment, yet the ranch is far enough away to get out of the crowds, and the size gives you the feeling, and reality, that you are removed from it all with amazing privacy, unsurpassed views and Nature at its best.
• NOTE: The 785 acre Bell Ranch bordering to the south is also for sale. Listed at $5,700,000.