$26,000,000 • 9,818 acres
A legacy in the making. Imagine 9,818 acres of coastal range land, with the highest peak on the Santa Lucia Mountain Range, overlooking the Salinas Valley, Carmel Valley and on a clear day, Santa Cruz, Carmel by the Sea and the ocean! The Palo Escrito Peak is 4,600 ft in elevation. At this point, you are ''on top of the world'' with views in every direction, it's simply breathtaking. As you enter the ranch, it feels as if you've stepped back in time, beautiful ancient oaks canopy the drive giving you a sense of peace and tranquility. The ranch headquarters are the first buildings you come to, including a large hay barn with storage room and full bath. Comfortable 1 bedroom ranch house, covered horse paddocks and several fenced pasture areas. Cattle corrals with piped fencing include chute, squeeze and scales. Nicely set up for the cattle operation. Continue up a paved drive to the stunning main ranch house, situated on a hillside with amazing views. The custom 3000 sf home features 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. Open plan with large living room as well as family room. Large 2 car garage and shop area, all set up with a backup generator system. An additional homesite with all utilities, located on the lower portion of the ranch with a separate entry. Also located at the southern tip of the ranch lays a 7 1/2 acre vineyard, with gravity flow drip system and perimeter fencing. Finch creek runs alongside the private entry to the vineyard. Hunting and recreational opportunities are abundant. Black tail deer, wild boar, turkeys, dove, quail and wild pigeon. Miles of roads and trails for ATV's or horseback riding. The cattle operation has been the main focus for the owners, running up to 200 pair year-round, or, 400 pair from April 1st to September 1st, depending on the year. An intricate stock water system has been set up from multiple wells, together with underground piping, suppling water to 68 livestock water troughs. Beneficial to wildlife as well. There are numerous seasonal ponds and creeks throughout the property. The ranch enjoys income from tower rentals, as well as a hunting lease. The entire 9,818 acres are in the Williamson Act, which provides a tax benefit to the owner.
Approximately 25 minuets to Carmel Valley Village, 45 minutes to Carmel by the Sea and the ocean. Pebble Beach and all the golf extravaganzas including the US open, with some of the greatest golf courses in the state, if not the entire US. Upscale and unique shopping, great restaurants, resorts, fisherman's wharf, white sandy beaches and turquoise ocean waters. All this and more for your enjoyment, yet the ranch is far enough away to get out of the crowds, and the size gives you the feeling, and reality, that you are removed from it all with amazing privacy, unsurpassed views and Nature at its best.
• Unique opportunity to acquire this large holding in the amazing coastal range of Carmel Valley.
• Extreme privacy, panoramic views in a tranquil setting.
• Ranch elevation ranges from 1800 ft. up to 4600 ft. at Palo Escrito Peak
• Operating cattle ranch with main corrals at headquarters and multiple corrals throughout ranch.
• Owner runs up to 200 pair year-round or 400 pair through the season, which runs from April to September.
• Impressive stock water system with several wells delivering water via underground piping to 68 livestock water troughs, mostly concrete.
• Several seasonal springs, creeks and ponds.
• Multiple water storage tanks, one supplied by windmill.
• Stock water wells are run off electricity and/or solar. A few supplied by springs.
• Spacious headquarters area features large, 250-ton hay barn with enclosed storage and bath with shower. Concrete ramp to roll up door.
• Multiple irrigated pastures with covered paddocks.
• Cozy 800 sf., one bedroom, one bath ranch house with open plan, wood stove and tile floors. Covered front porch.
• Paved drive to custom 3,000 sf. main ranch house. Beautiful entry with cathedral ceilings, open to floor to ceiling windows capturing the amazing view.
• Four bedrooms and two baths. Beautiful wood walls and ceilings.
• Custom kitchen with stainless appliances, dual ovens, granite countertops.
• Beautiful rock fireplace in living room, spacious family room, all with cathedral ceilings, Saltillo tile floors.
• Large master suite, granite counters, dual sinks, tub with jets, tile shower, wonderful walk-in closet.
• Covered front porch and open back deck overlooking new landscaping and panoramic view.
• Large two car garage, storage building and backup generator.
• Additional homesite with all utilities, workshop, and storage building. Separate entry off Carmel Valley Road.
• 7 1/2 acre vineyard, rootstock 1103 P, vine spacing 9x6. Gravity flow drip system and perimeter fencing.
• Grapes include Cabernet Franc, Grenache, Marsanne, Roussanne Cabernet Sauvignon and Zinfandel. The vines are on 5th year harvest, in the ground for 8 years. This section of the ranch has an additional well, drilled for a future homesite.
• The ranch has income from three towers located near the peak, along with a hunting lease, which has been in place for an impressive 35 years.
• Amazing amount of wildlife includes black tail deer, wild boar, turkeys, dove, quail, wild pigeon and more.
• Well maintained interior road system with cattle guards. It's an exhilarating feeling realizing it takes a little over an hour to drive around the ranch!
• The ranch is fully fenced and cross fenced, with direct access to BLM lands (Bureau of Land Management)
• Enjoy hours, even days, of horseback riding, mountain bikes, hiking and ATV exploring. Imagine campouts on your own property!
• This amazing ranch is in the Williamson Act for tax benefits